Do you suffer from a persistent cough that disrupts your daily life?
Cough is related to many factors. Differential diagnosis is essential.
What is Chronic Cough?
A nonproductive cough that lasts for more than 8 weeks is not associated with fever or other varying diagnoses.
Some Common Causes of Chronic Cough
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux
- Neurogenic cough
- ACE inhibitors
- Asthma/allergy/sinusitis/post nasal drip
Voice Institute of New York Chronic Cough Form
Is your main problem COUGH?__________ For how many years?________
When your cough began, had you had respiratory infection, cold, the flu, or other illness? ________
Had a chest x-ray within the last two years?_______;
Have you seen a pulmonologist (lung doctor)?__________
Are you on blood pressure medicine?_________;
Chronic Cough Index (CCI) (R=Reflux, N=Neurogenic)
- Do you awaken from a sound sleep coughing violently, with or without trouble breathing?
- Do you have choking episodes when you cannot get enough air, gasping for air?
- Do you usually cough when you lie down into the bed, or when you just lie down to rest?
- Do you usually cough after meals or eating?
- Do you cough when (or after) you bend over?
- Do you more-or-less cough all day long?
- Does change of temperature make you cough?
- Does laughing or chuckling cause you to cough?
- Do fumes (perfumes, automobile fumes, burnt toasts, etc.) cause you to cough?
- Does speaking, singing, or talking on the phone cause you to cough?
This Chronic Cough Index is reproduced from The Chronic Cough Enigma by the permission of Katalitix Media and Dr. Jamie Koufman.
Get Free Initial Consultation, Call 561-833-2090
Diagnosed with a chronic cough or know someone with symptoms, please contact us at MedSpeech, Inc.
Is your cough wet or dry? This information can help determine the etiology.
“Premier Speech-Language Pathologist of the Palm Beaches”
With over 69 years of combined experience in speech-language pathology, we can help! We offer treatment to help ensure you have the tools you need to manage your diagnosis.